APT Basilicata

APT Basilicata

Basilicata turistica

San Chirico Raparo - Remarkable Buildings

Info
Town Hall
P.zza Roma, 1
Tel. 0973 631003 - Fax 0973 631089
E-mail: bibliomag@tiscalinet.it

Inside the village there is ‘Palazzo Barletta’, in which ancient tapestries and furniture are kept.

The parish Church of Ss. Pietro e Paolo was built up on the ruins of a previous church. Inside there are a Crucifix dating from 1300 and brought here from San Angelo’s Monastery, a polyptych dating from 1500 by Simone da Firenze, a silver cup in Baroque style and a baptismal font dating from 1500.

The Church of the ‘Madonna Addolorata o delle Lacrime’, XVI century, and Sant’Anna’s Church, XVIII century, are very interesting. In the suburbs there are the ruins of Sant’Angelo’s Abbey. Here it is still possible to see the cells the monks used to live in, burrowed in the rocks. In a cave nearby there are some stalagmites and a cave painting representing San Michele.


Search & Find

Acerenza

Armento

Atella

Avigliano

Brienza

Calvello

Campomaggiore

Grumento Nova

Lagonegro

Laurenzana

Lauria

Maratea

Marsico Nuovo

Melfi

Montemurro

Muro Lucano

Palazzo San Gervasio

Pietrapertosa

Potenza

Rapolla

Rionero in Vulture-Monticchio

Ripacandida

Rivello

Rotonda

San Chirico Raparo

San Paolo Albanese

Sant'Arcangelo

Satriano di Lucania

Vaglio Basilicata

Venosa