APT Basilicata

APT Basilicata

Basilicata turistica

Brienza - S. Maria degli Angeli

Info
The Town Council’s approval is previously needed to visit the church.
Tel. 0975 381003

The old Chapel of Santa Maria degli Angeli was built around a mile far from the village, in the land having the same name, by the roadside on the way to Potenza.

It was partially built under the street level and has its main entrance on the town road coming from Brienza.

The town’s coat of arms, in stone, shows that the Chapel was built by the village of Brienza and dedicated to the Holy Virgin in 1609. The Chapel has an asymmetric structure and is divided in two parts: the public part has a regular rectangular shape, while the apse has an irregular layout and is on a higher level.

Near the Chapel there is the old hospital, a two-floor building used as a lazaret during the plague in 1656.


Search & Find

Acerenza

Armento

Atella

Avigliano

Brienza

Calvello

Campomaggiore

Grumento Nova

Lagonegro

Laurenzana

Lauria

Maratea

Marsico Nuovo

Melfi

Montemurro

Muro Lucano

Palazzo San Gervasio

Pietrapertosa

Potenza

Rapolla

Rionero in Vulture-Monticchio

Ripacandida

Rivello

Rotonda

San Chirico Raparo

San Paolo Albanese

Sant'Arcangelo

Satriano di Lucania

Vaglio Basilicata

Venosa