APT Basilicata

APT Basilicata

Basilicata turistica

Trivigno

Info
Distance from Potenza: 28 km

Distance from Matera: 82 km

Altitude: 735 m amsl

Postal code: 85018

Inhabitants: 815 (Trivignesi)

Commune in the province of Potenza

Trivigno was built in a position overlooking the Basento Valley.

There is no certain information about its origin. In the XII century it belonged to Guglielmo Monaco, in 1265 it became part of Albano, and in the XIV century it was deserted for a long time, before being inhabited again in 1595, when the Carafa family settled in this area. The actual growth of the village took place in the XVIII century, when it became a proper village.

The Church of San Pietro has a square bell tower and inside it, there are two unequal aisles. In it is a Baroque altar, with decorations in wrought iron and an organ with a choir of the XVIII century, in carved and painted wood.

The Church of San Rocco, the Chapel of Sant’Antonio, the Church of the Madonna del Carmine, with a beautifully painted ceiling, are all very interesting.

In the area, there are also several churches in caves, such as the Church of Santa Maria, situated in an area called ‘San Leo’.

Amministrazione Comunale

85018 - Piazza Plebiscito, 1
Tel. 0971 981002 - Fax 0971 981036
E-mail: comunetrivigno@rete.basilicata.it

Pro Loco di Trivigno

Via Volturno, 22
85018 - Trivigno (PZ)
Cell.: 349 4953455
E-mail: prolocotrivigno2015@libero.it
ANNO INIZIO ATTIVITA': 1988
POSIZIONE: centro