APT Basilicata

APT Basilicata

Basilicata turistica

Lagonegro - Remarkable Buildings

Info
Town Hall
Via Tribunale, 5
Tel. 0973 41330 - Fax 0973 21930
Web: www.comune.lagonegro.pz.it

The old part of Lagonegro, that has mediaeval features, was built around the ruins of the feudal Castle, mainly destroyed in 1552.

It is possible to reach the ruins through a flight of steps that was built in 1603, to replace the drawbridge.

Near the Castle there is the old Church of San Nicola di Bari, dating back to the IX-X centuries, renovated and changed several times.

According to a legend, in this Church ‘Monna Lisa’ was buried. She was the model for Leonardo da Vinci’s famous painting ‘La Gioconda’ and died in 1506.

The new part is characterised by a square with a fountain of 1813. Inside San Nicola’s Parish Church there are a painting representing the SS. Trinità, by Cascini, and a silver bust of 1766. The Church of the Rosario is characterised by a fresco on its facade, representing the Judgement.

In Sant’Anna’s Church, of 1665, a reliquary containing one of the thorns that formed the crown of Jesus is kept.


Acerenza

Armento

Atella

Avigliano

Brienza

Calvello

Campomaggiore

Grumento Nova

Lagonegro

Laurenzana

Lauria

Maratea

Marsico Nuovo

Melfi

Montemurro

Muro Lucano

Palazzo San Gervasio

Pietrapertosa

Potenza

Rapolla

Rionero in Vulture-Monticchio

Ripacandida

Rivello

Rotonda

San Chirico Raparo

San Paolo Albanese

Sant'Arcangelo

Satriano di Lucania

Vaglio Basilicata

Venosa